Nice Touch, That

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Nice Touch, That

Postby Ancient History » Sun May 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Figured a thread to appreciate the subtle details, artistic and otherwise, in the comic might be handy.

For example, when I first looked at page 135 I didn't think much about the little glowing dots in the mountain - but on review of page 142 it seems obvious that these are the gem pockets Sizemore was talking about.

Nice touch, that.
Ancient History

Re: Nice Touch, That

Postby sariadog » Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm

There are certain points in the comic, that point to the sad realism that is actually going on in the constant warfare, whenever otherwise one is mostly reading to find the jokes and see how the strategy game is panning out.

Probably the best example of this is the bottom left panel of Page 25. It's a panel of art that I hadn't even recognized was there, until my second read-through of the comic. Less subtle examples of this are of course the death of Misty, and the increasingly changing attitudes of Parson and Sizemore in the more recent pages of book one.
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F025.jpg
sariadog

Re: Nice Touch, That

Postby The Old Hack » Mon May 11, 2009 6:31 am

One of my favourites is the glimpse of Wanda's spell collection on page 30. We don't really hear more of it until page 124, but it is there, a subtly placed Chekhov's Gun loaded and ready for use.
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Return to Reactions