Book 2 – Page 23

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 23

Postby balder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 am

[url=http://www.erfworld.com/2010/03/book-2-–-page-23/]New one[/url] is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 23

Postby Dancingrage » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 am

Very interesting...I wonder what she's up to....

Edit: oh, my, first response...wow. What I get for not playing my MMO while waiting for a build of Slax to download..hehe.

Welp, no turning the Croakamancer, Foolamancer, etc. I'd say it's down to Ansom or Tramennis but I think something even stranger is about to happen...I like.

Muahahaha!
Last edited by Dancingrage on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dancingrage

Postby yay » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:20 am

aww, poor jack
yay

Postby Zeku » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:21 am

Woo

Jack is awesome. Not because of the unrequited love...but just for being Jack.
Zeku

Postby Cobalt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 am

So, What are the chances of Julian turning Tramenis to get him and his Army aginst Jetstone now? :mrgreen:
So i think. Or what else could she win out of the situation for Faq?
Cobalt

Postby davesnothere » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 am

Wow, first page right after the Academy Awards....

It seems that Wanda is letting, or Jillian can get through the GK air group hex by simply ordering not to engage and making it clear to Wanda they don't want to engage.
It's still not clear which direction they're headed. I'm still in the Ansom camp.

I note that the Jillian's Wolverine helmet stripes now meet in back as someone nitted in the previous strip.
davesnothere
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby name lips » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 am

How are Jack and Wanda going to get out of this without being croaked? Especially since they're still too important as characters to kill them off.

But now I'm thinking, with Jack, you never know. I'm reminded of the rampant speculation in Book 1, when Jack was present at the battle between Stanley and Transylvito, about what was real and what was illusion.

So now I have to wonder... might Jack pull something similar, where he makes an illusion of himself to stay with Wanda, but in reality joins Jillian?
name lips

Postby Dances-with-Marbits » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:37 am

name lips wrote:How are Jack and Wanda going to get out of this without being croaked? Especially since they're still too important as characters to kill them off.

But now I'm thinking, with Jack, you never know. I'm reminded of the rampant speculation in Book 1, when Jack was present at the battle between Stanley and Transylvito, about what was real and what was illusion.

So now I have to wonder... might Jack pull something similar, where he makes an illusion of himself to stay with Wanda, but in reality joins Jillian?

The only reason to think they're in any danger is because Parson calculated their odds of survival earlier, but that was when Faq's forces were against them as well. Now that Jillian is leaving the battlespace Wanda and Jack's odd of survival rise sharply.
Dances-with-Marbits

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 am

Y'know for a second there i thought it was a bad thing that Faq was leaving as they were the only thing in Wanda's way to the king... But then i recalled that the tower is a separate zone that wanda can not cross into... so the king should be perfectly safe. Now that RCC's trun has started and Jetstone can call of their troops back and/or try and convince Haggar to join the croak dwagon party... So long as Jetstones casters, many warlord's and anti-air troops are enough to wipe out the dwagons, faq really doesn't need to fight. So i guess don can forgive her for running off to do her own thing since the king is safe

Still i do wonder if erfworld has mechanics for retreating... i mean how else will wanda and Jack survive this if they can't run... do they really have what it takes to take down jetstones anti-air forces... though i guess it is possible for Jillian to turn around and return to the capitol... give Wanda the ultimatum to either leave her to croak or to turn and become part of faq
Last edited by MonteCristo on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:44 am

Not at all what I expected. I figured either a fight or Wanda defects to Faq. I bet Charlie will be hoping mad, not to mention Transylvito and Jetstone.

"Answer hazy," eh? Wonder what's going on with Jack. (Other than the obvious that no warlords or casters in GK seem to respect Stanley or their own side.)
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Knight13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 am

I wonder if Jack actually checked his 8-ball or if he was just giving 8-ball like responses?
Knight13

Postby Kidrik » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 am

Jillian is going to turn Ansom, that much I expect. The real question is what will Trammenis do? Either the GK column at the bridge or Wanda are going to bite it and if he doesn't withdraw to Jetstone, it's fairly likely that Haggar will just sack it and kill Wanda in the process disbanding him and his army. If he withdraws, what will Jillian do after she attempts to turn Ansom?

Grr... If only I knew what Trammenis was going to do... Forget Jillian! <_<
Kidrik

Postby Dr Pepper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 am

Ack-- i claim #10 reply. I was posting when *&^%$#@! Firefox died.

Anyway, here we see that Jack is just as clear about his agenda as Jillian is. But Jillian left herself open to his power in that exchange. So now, who knows if what she sees is really there. Hahaha-- the Joker knows!
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Lord Kasavin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:02 am

name lips wrote:How are Jack and Wanda going to get out of this without being croaked? Especially since they're still too important as characters to kill them off.

I believe the RCCII's ability to croak them was dependent on having Jillian's fliers for that assault. She is almost certainly going to go try to turn Ansom, which means attacking a numerically powerful stack led by the highest level Chief Warlord we know of. If she gets Tram to go along with the assault, their forces probably won't be enough to go after the flying column above Jetstone, though enough reinforcements back to Spacerock to make sure the garrison is safe and untouchable by the fliers and the main infantry column without siege.

Nah, such a slieght of hand just feels out of place right now. Jillian is now holding the cards, and Jack wouldn't be able to leave the hex without being on another mount (I'm pretty sure thats how the movement rules work out). If he wanted to turn, he could turn. If he says he says not to turning, its because he's not turning... yet. "Ask again later" strikes me as premonition of things to come. I highly suspect that whatever else may happen at Jetstone, GK's next target is going to be FAQ. Its highly unlikely that the RCCC2 could reinforce it in time. We'd also have an excuse to see Parson out in the field. And, Jillian could ask Jack to Turn a third time.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Joe22c. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 am

Feels like foreshadowing.

Perhaps we can expect Jack to turn at a critical point in the game.
Joe22c.

Postby elmagnifico » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 am

Well, third time is the charm.
elmagnifico

Postby Decorus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:09 am

The correct question is:

How is Parson going to get Wanda out of this mess?
Decorus

Postby Urf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 am

Not enough.
Urf

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:48 am

Well, well, well. From the looks of things Jillian might not be planning on fighting with Wanda and her dwagons at all if possible (no Megalogwiff vs. Dwagon :( ?), plus giving her a nice warning not to pick unnecessary fights with the trouble she could be facing.

And Jillian's offer was legitimate it seems, I wonder if she ever thought it had much chance of success. And indeed Faq is Jillian's, looks like both have their perceived duties that stop them going with the other (Faq and Jillian, Fate and Wanda).

And Jack.... I wonder if he might have had his own prediction made at some point, hazy, ask later... I do like Jillian wishing him luck, no ill will there for Jack staying with GK on two occasions when he had the chance to turn.

And speaking of turning - now just to see who. Ansom looks more and more likely.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:57 am

name lips wrote:But now I'm thinking, with Jack, you never know. I'm reminded of the rampant speculation in Book 1, when Jack was present at the battle between Stanley and Transylvito, about what was real and what was illusion.

That might work if there weren't archons there. Unfortunately foolamancy is all but useless against archons.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Next

Return to Reactions