Book 2 – Page 21

Postby balder » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 21

Postby Ansan Gotti » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Hmm.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

I am not surprised by this, but it seems REALLY powerful to be able to force another side to end its turn. Maybe in a tri-caster link? Turnamancer, Charlie and...?

EDIT: I'm also not sure how this development will jibe with the somber mood in Transylvito's throne room that was displayed earlier?
Last edited by Ansan Gotti on Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby joosy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

oh.. boop.

Here I thought the (now obviously linked) Turnamancer would try to turn Wanda and friends but no, she did the even more obvious; causing Gobwin Knob to end their turn prematurely.

Now they have divided GK's forces.

Haggar's units can move up and Jetstone's can either go back into the city to defend the garrison or they can go after Ansom's troops who are now trapped in their hex.

Wanda's entourage must remain in the airspace and cannot attack.

They are both sitting (or hovering) ducks for any archery or air defenses.

Whether Jillian will continue in her betrayal of Wanda's trust by attacking GK's airforces remains to be seen.

Nice Twist!

(Kingworld is the syndicator of the Wheel of Fortune game show which Vanna's name and spell is a pun of)
joosy

Postby Kadasbrass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

I think things are about to turn around.

The ability to force a turn end would be too powerful for just one caster. So I agree it has to be the link.
Kadasbrass
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Tiger » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Oh. Shit.

That is a ridiculously powerful spell.

Also, I can't help but hear the Turnamancer's voice as comically high-pitched. Kinda ruins that panel for me. Not the Titans' fault, though, and still a great comic.
Tiger

Postby Glory of Arioch » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Man, Vanna's eyes are very creepy.

I wonder what the contingents of the turn ending spell are. Did having Wanda in the same stack enable it? Can they consistently end the turns of Gobwin Knob every turn?
Glory of Arioch

Postby normalphil » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 pm

That was pretty amazing. Although I've been half-prepped for it by people on the forum mentioning something like this as a possibility- magic is a game-changer, a really decisive edge when properly used. Wanda will have a turn to fail to comprehend her and Jillian's respective psychologies. As for Ansom and his stacks... well, ave Crassus.
normalphil

Postby Infidel » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 pm

wee, looks like my speculation about one of the turnamancer's powers was correct.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Alexei P » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:54 pm

First the pliers, now this. The story might be becoming less and less about strategy and more about who has the biggest gamebreaking doodad.
Alexei P

Postby SuperDuperHai2U » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:55 pm

well even so, can jillian's forces actually take out wanda's? because if they fail and get to the next gobwin knob turn, then they are screwed again.

or can tremmenis take out ansom's stack?
SuperDuperHai2U

Postby Pointyleaf » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Heh.. pretty soon, we'll have to see what Parson can make of the situation.

Great strip.
Pointyleaf

Postby CnSvnc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 pm

The problem with webcomics is they come one page at a time.
Charlie is a smart guy. I approve. I'm wondering how (maybe even if) Wanda will get out of there. Her chances look grim.

First the pliers, now this. The story might be becoming less and less about strategy and more about who has the biggest gamebreaking doodad.

This is a story. Not a Let's Play.
Last edited by CnSvnc on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CnSvnc

Postby teratorn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Yeah, that was exactly what I expected. GK forces are all bottled up in Jetstone. Charlie can now attack GK without fear of them using the volcano trick (no Wanda). Stanley is doomed.

Can they change the capital of their side to another city? Their side could survive if he promoted Parson to heir and sent him through the Magic Kingdom, with the hammer. But Stanley is dead. Maybe Parson will go to the city Ossomer was so proud of.
Last edited by teratorn on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teratorn

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm

A very satisfying turn of events, this spell. I bet less powerful versions of the spell would involve ending a single unit's turn prematurely.

As it is, Wanda can still attack the tower and croak Slately, which should be her top priority to at least disband the field units near Ansom. The new mission objective might be for Wanda and Jack to break into the tower and use the MK portal to survive this.
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ShinyBrownCoat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Alexei P wrote:First the pliers, now this. The story might be becoming less and less about strategy and more about who has the biggest gamebreaking doodad.

it's easier than thinking up new & clever strategies within a fixed ruleset. :)
ShinyBrownCoat

Postby teratorn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:As it is, Wanda can still attack the tower and croak Slately, which should be her top priority to at least disband the field units near Ansom.

She can't, for the attackers that's another city zone. It's not her turn, she has no move.
teratorn

Postby Tiger » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Some thoughts that just popped into my head while I was showering:
-The spell needn't be as powerful as we're assuming. GK could very well get to finish its turn... at the end of the day once Jetstone's had their go. In other words, the spell didn't end GK's turn so much as push back their position in the natural turn order for the day.
-According to Parson, next turn Haggar's column will completely "chew up" GK's ground forces, and with the field archery presumably withdrawing to the garrison, the fliers stand no chance of taking the city. Jillian (/Charlie) just completely screwed GK over.
Tiger

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm fairly certain it's been established that the tower is actually in the airspace.
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Pointyleaf » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:I'm fairly certain it's been established that the tower is actually in the airspace.

"Adjacent to" is I believe the original words. So I don't think GK can attack the tower, but it's a little ambiguous at the moment.
Pointyleaf

Postby ftl » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Ansan Gotti wrote:EDIT: I'm also not sure how this development will jibe with the somber mood in Transylvito's throne room that was displayed earlier?

The mood was somber when Ansom pulled off the veil, and then snatched Ossomer. The mood probably has gotten better since then :)
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions