Book 2 – Text Updates 014

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 014

Postby dannom » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Postby Godsire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am
Anyone know why the update is delayed ?

Hope nothing happened.

Its generally a good idea to check http://www.facebook.com/Erfworld for this status. Rob posts delay announcements sometimes.
This time he announced on Mon. there would be a slight delay.
[edit grammar]
dannom

Postby Godsire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:02 pm

dannom wrote:
Postby Godsire » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am
Anyone know why the update is delayed ?

Hope nothing happened.

Its generally a good idea to check http://www.facebook.com/Erfworld for this status. Rob posts delay announcements sometimes.
This time he announced on Mon. there would be a slight delay.
[edit grammar]

See now this is helpful !

Thank you dannom :)
Godsire

Postby gatherer818 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 am

Dug wrote:I have a slight problem.

The Dish is a massive Thinkamancy booster.
The Pliars are a massive Croakamancy booster.
The Hammer controls Dwagons, shoots lighning and gives the power to "rock"?

The hammer seems the odd-one-out from a thematic point of view.

I apologize if this has been posted already, my computer has been acting up so I haven't read EVERY comment on every Reaction thread recently.

The hammer seems to be a melee class weapon, it bonded to a Knight who was, at the time, neither a Caster nor a Warlord (IIRC), essentially making him a "Dragon Knight" with the power to run a whole side off Dwagons.

Two of the tools have proven to be massive enhancers and rule-breakers of the laws of a single, specific kind of magic. The Pliars and the Dish both seem to give unlimited juice and allow their wielders to do things no other could do even if they had unlimited juice to start with.

I'm thinking the third will be the same, for one simple reason: The most powerful thing we've seen so far in Erfworld is a tri-caster link. One of the tools is a Thinkamancy booster, needed for a tri-caster link. The only real weakness to that link is the loss of the casters' attention and individuality.

3 Tools to form the link, and the "Leadership" Tool gives their Overlord the power to defend them in melee if it comes to that, and rain Dwagon-y death on their opponents even when the linked Casters are busy elsewhere (given their unlimited range, via the Arkendish, their attention can LITERALLY wander all over Erf).

It just seems to REALLY make sense to me that the three caster-tools will form a link, and the Knight tool was made to protect - and to lead - them. And Wanda's insistence that their Fate is to be brought together just supports it.
gatherer818

Previous

Return to Reactions