Book 2 – Page 18

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 18

Postby Sinrus » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Where could the story go? I can see Book 2 being about GK and the RCCII trying hilariously to work together to combat the decrypted.
Sinrus

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Firkraag wrote:Interesting thought:

Jillian suggests that if Wanda turns, her decrypted units will turn with her. Makes sense, as she creates and controls them.

Then what about Parson? Assuming he "takes sides" and is affected by loyalty at all (which is debateable), he was summoned by Wanda. For Stanley, yes, but it really was the caster's doing after all. Do you think he might switch sides with her, like the Decrypted?

I don't think so for three reasons: 1) is it even possible for him to turn to Faq without a Faq unit in his hex? 2) To make Parson her unit, Wanda had to warp the spell quite a bit, which I only think only a findamacer, lookamancer, or thinkamacer could do. 3) If Parson turns at the same moment as Wanda, he will stand right next to Stanley and his hammer and is dead meat.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Rowen » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Pages like this make me glad that I'm reading this as it is written. I can imagine reading through the last five or so pages in about fifteen minutes but I don't think it would be half as satisfying as it was waiting and wondering what would happen next and then getting there and that there is here.
"Nobody turns down a jetpack and lives."
by emo samurai » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Rowen
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Menas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 pm

I think Jillian is pulling a con, and that the move she's going to pull on both Wanda and Stanley (with Charlie's help) is going to make what she did to Jitterati look like child's play.
Menas

Postby Moik » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

On the subject of Wanda potentially having Decrypted Dwagons: she doesn't necessarily need to have killed any voluntarily as she was going to do to Jack. A few could have been casualties of legitimate conflict in reconquering their side, which would have then been raised. I think it's realistic for her to have some unless there was a previous note that they reconquered their side without any casualties.
Moik

Postby BillMcD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:She only had subtle control, because that was what she wanted? Or because it was all that was available, apart from the option of Zombie-Jillian?

Ask Mr. Owl? :D

We can't know. So let's file it under 'how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop? The world may never know.'

As for that famous line, well the story is murkier ... First Jillian reacts with surprise when a control spell is mentioned; some back-and-forth with archons, the "I like it line" follows but THEN Jillian makes her free spirit speech and choses Ansom. Wanda is pissed, and the next time these characters meet Jillian explains that Wanda went too far, whereas Ansom was not trying to bend Jillian to his will (and this was implied to be preferrable to Jillian).

So yeah, some limits were breeched.

Oh, limits were definitely breeched - at the very least, being put in the position to have to make a choice did that, even if she voluntarily submitted to the spell. Odds are, if she did, she never imagined it would come to a head like that. As for the surprise when the spell is mentioned... that's another spot where we have limited information. Is she surprised there's a spell, or surprised that the Archons know/can see it?

We shall, as you say, have to wait and see how the story unfolds. :)
BillMcD

Postby Casander » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 am

Assuming Wanda's goal is to conquer the world, then Jillian's offer falls flat. GK with dragons, Parson, and a mountain full of gems is a better offensive platform than a former hermit kingdom that had a cash infusion.

What Jillian's offer Does do is give an option for the Fall of Jetstone that doesn't result in Wanda and Jillian killing each other. That is certainly one major appeal to Jillian.

I think Wanda has accepted the risk that Jillian might kill her. In part because life might not be worth living for her if Jillian attempted it. Jillian is more in denial about it, reaching for any straw that because Wanda didn't kill her in the past, she also won't in the future. I don't think Jillian quite understands just yet what Wanda did to get the Arkenpliers, and I bet that some of the details get revealed.

There are some historical events that I don't know for sure the order of.

Did Stanley conquer FAQ before or after the Goblins killed Saline IV? Did Wanda scheme to make Stanley Overlord from a position of a captured caster? Did Wanda have something to do with the Fall of FAQ?

Between Duncan's Datemancy, and Jillian's desire for ANY solution that doesn't involve the two of them fighting, I think the odds favor some resolution without Jillian and Wanda fighting. So something has to give. Jillian's hatred of Stanley must either be ended or satisfied somehow or other.

A lot depends on what Wanda's relationship with Stanley is. That relationship is fairly complex. She has initiated sex with him. While devastated by the loss of her lover, she put her greatest energy into a gambit to save Stanley. MAYBE that was 'duty', but Wanda is supposedly loyal to her own fate.

It is fairly telling, however, that we haven't seen Wanda in close with Stanley since she got the Pliers, so we don't know much about her current Loyalty to Stanley. She did obey him about not killing and decrypting Jack. I don't think Jillian has a clue about the ties between Wanda and Stanley. Especially since for the longest time she thought it was some magical chain holding Wanda to Stanley.
Casander

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:42 am

Jillian suggests that if Wanda turns, her decrypted units will turn with her. Makes sense, as she creates and controls them.

Then what about Parson? Assuming he "takes sides" and is affected by loyalty at all (which is debateable), he was summoned by Wanda. For Stanley, yes, but it really was the caster's doing after all. Do you think he might switch sides with her, like the Decrypted?

Parson's Obedience is to Stanley, not Wanda, and he has ordered her around more than once. He's not her unit.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby Skyer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: theseus2x

Keldaria wrote:Its also unknown just how many of those dwagons are decrypted or not... its very likely that the one wanda herself is riding is since she seems to profer decrypted units but it is a virtual unknown at this point... there has been alot of battles lately for GK side, its not unlikely that they've all been crypted and decrypted atleast once.

Its not a bad theory, but I don't know how much I can believe that. GK seems to have been totally steam-rolling the competition, and it takes a lot to croak a Dwagon. Now obviously, she could have intentionally croaked/decrypted a Dwagon, but I imagine Stanley and Co. would have noticed this.

I have an odd question. There are different types of dwagons, right? Blue, red, pink, red, etc. (Although, wouldn't it be a wed dwagon?) And they're refered to as [dragon-type] dwagon. As in, blue dwagon, pink dwagon.

Would it be plausible to imagine that a decrypted dwagon is a type of it's own? It's presumable that Wanda could decrypt a dwagon, and in doing so, would it be a new type?

Either way, can Stanly & the arkenhammer tame a dwagon decrypted with the arkenpliers?
Skyer

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:37 pm

You mean like Bone Dragons and Ghost Dragons in a certain game?

Nah. Decrypted pikers are pikers. Decrypted Ansom is still very much Ansom. Etc.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

I think it would stay that color if decrpyted. Uncroaked might make a Dwacolich though.
Sinrus

Postby Rowen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Charlie might not have the problems he has if he could rely on commanding the decrypted archons (though we did see a loyalty conflict in the summer updates when Parson interviewed them). This to me suggests that the Dwagons would be the same.

Of course Charlie is a sneaky sack of boop and might just be holding out on us over his control of the dycrypted archons but I suspect not.
"Nobody turns down a jetpack and lives."
by emo samurai » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Rowen
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Sinrus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 pm

There was no loyalty conflict that I can remember. What are you talking about, exactly?
Sinrus

Postby Goshen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Menas wrote:I think Jillian is pulling a con, and that the move she's going to pull on both Wanda and Stanley (with Charlie's help) is going to make what she did to Jitterati look like child's play.

Agree.
Goshen

Postby theseus2x » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:

I don't think so for three reasons: 1) is it even possible for him to turn to Faq without a Faq unit in his hex? 2) To make Parson her unit, Wanda had to warp the spell quite a bit, which I only think only a findamacer, lookamancer, or thinkamacer could do. 3) If Parson turns at the same moment as Wanda, he will stand right next to Stanley and his hammer and is dead meat.

I agree about Parson not being able to turn. Yes, Wanda cast the summoning spell, but we've never seen a sign he had a particular loyalty to her. (He follows Stanley only because the spell forces him to. No doubt his loyalty rating is VERY low.)

While Parson might certainly have an interest in turning on Stanley, he can't easily do that from GK. We must PRESUME that Stanley would realize the moment he turned, and he'd be croaked. Parson can probably find a loop hole, but that's to be seen.
theseus2x

Previous

Return to Reactions