Reactions to Tabula: An Erfworld Tale

Words in a line. All fanfic goes here, Erfworld or otherwise.

Re: Reactions to Tabula: An Erfworld Tale

Postby President_Allosaurus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 pm

You mean Ultrasquad? I don't know, did the colour-naming scheme, spandex outfits and Claymen not say it strong enough? :[
President_Allosaurus

Postby DevilDan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:51 pm

President_Allosaurus wrote:You mean Ultrasquad? I don't know, did the colour-naming scheme, spandex outfits and Claymen not say it strong enough? :[

Well, the colors were a hint, but no one else mentioned my "guess." I didn't watch the show so I only know about it peripherally: I didn't know that "claymen" was a giveaway.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby President_Allosaurus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 pm

DevilDan wrote:
President_Allosaurus wrote:You mean Ultrasquad? I don't know, did the colour-naming scheme, spandex outfits and Claymen not say it strong enough? :[

Well, the colors were a hint, but no one else mentioned my "guess." I didn't watch the show so I only know about it peripherally: I didn't know that "claymen" was a giveaway.

Yeah, in the show, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd used mooks called "Puddies", that were made of clay. They were weak and easily beatable until Lord Zedd made them totally unstoppable.. unless you hit their chest button, and then they fell apart.
President_Allosaurus

Postby PhoenixTalion » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:16 am

"Yellow has the strangest sleeping habits."

LOL
|Icons|Art|Fanfic|

"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa."
~Robert Heinlein
PhoenixTalion

Postby DevilDan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:25 am

PhoenixTalion wrote:"Yellow has the strangest sleeping habits."

LOL

It's a reasonably good question: Erf doesn't require sexual intercourse for procreation. The drives and instincts of Erfworlders must be different in some way to those of humans from Stupidworld-Prime. (We assume that there are gross physiological similarities between Erf and Earth, though the gross sexual dimorphism in Erf is not quite as understandable there.)
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby President_Allosaurus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 am

DevilDan wrote:
PhoenixTalion wrote:"Yellow has the strangest sleeping habits."

LOL

It's a reasonably good question: Erf doesn't require sexual intercourse for procreation. The drives and instincts of Erfworlders must be different in some way to those of humans from Stupidworld-Prime. (We assume that there are gross physiological similarities between Erf and Earth, though the gross sexual dimorphism in Erf is not quite as understandable there.)

Oh goodness, they didn't have sexual intercouse. But I imagine sex for them is like kissing for us. Not.. required, but stil something you just do (that is enjoyable) with people you're like that with.
President_Allosaurus

Postby DevilDan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 am

President_Allosaurus wrote:Oh goodness, they didn't have sexual intercouse. But I imagine sex for them is like kissing for us. Not.. required, but stil something you just do (that is enjoyable) with people you're like that with.

I didn't think they had. Yellow, however, may have much to which she wishes to introduce our protagonist.
DevilDan

Postby Drifter » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:04 pm

President_Allosaurus wrote:Oh goodness, they didn't have sexual intercouse. But I imagine sex for them is like kissing for us. Not.. required, but stil something you just do (that is enjoyable) with people you're like that with.

Only one thing to say then to our intrepid young Chief Warlord: "Pucker up!" :lol:
Drifter

Postby Menlo Marseilles » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:08 am

14?!
and in despair i bowed my head
"there is no peace on erf," i said
for fate is strong and mocks the song
of peace on erf, good will to men
Menlo Marseilles

Postby DevilDan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm not sure that I want to find out more about the physiology of Erfworlders and their, uhm, "equipment."
DevilDan

Postby President_Allosaurus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Oh, don't worry. In order to be 100% inoffensive, they are barbie smooth round the bends.*

Also, I'd never go there. This a family friendly comic. Shipping is the closest you'll get!

*Not a Fact
President_Allosaurus

Postby Drifter » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Tabula is comin' along nicely. I'm curious what Lord Z wants/needs from such a new side. I mean he knows his warlords outclass even their Chief Warlord. It is soldiers for hire? Recon/intel agrements? Hmmm...

Poor Yellow! She gives all these (rather blatant) hints but they just don't get thru...

Maybe social experience (not battle XP) is just as difficult for Erfworlders as it is for us. Perhaps it takes 50, 100, 500? turns to develop the subtleties of interaction between units. In TBFGK, you get the impression that Wanda, Jillian, Ansom, Stanley, etc. didn't just pop last turn ya' know. The CW comes off like a teenager feeling/stumbling his way through this new world of personal interaction with units that are not his King or his subordinates. Thus, I would guess he's less than 50-75 turns old... but that's just my opinion here.

Keep workin' on him Yellow; he'll figure it out eventually. ;)
Drifter

Postby Xewleer » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I figure he's older than that, (as he seems a decent chief Warlord for a new side), but he's been stuck doing things that in no way involve interactions more than: "Do this", or "you! join stack and attack with me!"

My thoughts, anyway.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Justyn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:24 am

Just read through the story, it's really good; it's really the thing I needed to get of my rear and start writing up the story I've had percolating in my head.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Drifter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 am

Awww, twue wove at last.

Great little update. Looks like Lord Zeddon doesn't have the time and/or patience to wait for our plucky CW to stumble around like a slapstick romantic comedy hero. He's gonna be a real hardass, I'm guessing.

And the bard's (Rhubb / Rhubbish :lol: ) tale as the revelatory instrument - genius; and CW's dawning understanding of the obvious parallel (and the sudden request for leave) - priceless!

4 out of 5 stars for this one.

Bravo!
Drifter

Postby Xewleer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:00 pm

FINALLY! He realized it.
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby DevilDan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 am

Love is tricky. What else can one say?
DevilDan

Postby Lothmar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Xewleer wrote:FINALLY! He realized it.

He? Chief warlord is female, or were you refering to Zed?
Lothmar

Postby DevilDan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Lothmar wrote:

No, Xewleer was referring to our hapless narrator and protagonist.
DevilDan

Postby Xewleer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:24 pm

DevilDan wrote:
Lothmar wrote:

No, Xewleer was referring to our hapless narrator and protagonist.

Indeed. I thought that was the subject at hand.
Xewleer

PreviousNext

Return to Fiction, Poetry and Essays