Proxy Army Models

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Proxy Army Models

Postby Doctor What » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:07 am

Remember these?

https://squareup.com/market/proxy-army-games/erfworld-sidekicks-pack

I ordered a set (back in November). But today I received this e-mail:

If you are receiving this email, you have ordered a Proxy Army Erfworld model. Regrettably, in the last month, Proxy Army has lost the right to produce Erfworld related merchandise. We will therefore be refunding your order in full. We can offer refunds by mailed check or PayPal deposit. Please reply to this email with the means by which you would like your refund delivered: A mailing address for a check, or a valid PayPal account for PayPal.

What's up? Is this legit? (Should I be sending this complete stranger my paypal acount name???)
Doctor What
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Re: Proxy Army Models

Postby 0beron » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Rob made the following comment on the recent Lapel Pin Kickstarter
Rob wrote:Part of the reason we did this as a separate project is that the Book 3 project had to be delayed. Proxy Army is not going to be able to provide what would have been our top tier reward for that (a model of Gobwin Knob) so we have to look elsewhere for something equally cool to offer.
To me that reads as a problem on Proxy Army's end of things, yet their email seems to be trying to blame Rob. So yeah I think it might be legit that they aren't producing the minis either, however I would recommend contacting Erfworld Customer Support directly. You can reach Linda via gobwinknob@gmail.com she handles customer support these days and is totally awesome. You might also request in your email that Rob post some kind of announcement too so other people in the same boat as you know what's up.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:02 pm

What was quoted above doesn't seem to me to be blaming Rob.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby balder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Proxy Army did not have the ability to produce models that looked anything like Erfworld characters. You might have gotten something from them, but you would not have been happy. They agreed to refund the donors' money, and we severed ties. You should definitely send them your Paypal info and get your refund.

We're very sorry that this did not work out. We'll have minis someday.
balder

Return to Everything Else Erfworld