1. IF the geography of Erfworld and Earth are similar to one another...
2. THEN, by looking at style, terrain, and directional relationships between places, cities, and sides, we can make a speculative Erfworld map.
3. X coordinates correspond to W-E, with X: 0 equivalent to the Earth earth Longitude Greenwich, England. Y coordinates correspond to N-S, with Y:0 equivalent to Earth's equator.
4. According to the wiki, there are two named coordinate points in the comic up to this point:
X: -1214 Y: 455 Where Jillian croaked a Twoll and three uncroaked en route to Gobwin Knob. Erf-b1-p010
X: -1218 Y: 467 Where the Archons met Ansom's forces. This may be the same hex where Sir Webinar and Dora met Jillian after her release from Gobwin Knob. Erf-b1- p042
5. Both of these points are close to Gobwin Knob
6. CONJECTURE, Gobwin Knob is located at the Erf equivalent of La Garita Caldera, Colorado.
9. La Garita Caldera, Colorado is located at 37°45′23″N 106°56′03″W
10. Therefore, the triangle made between the three points (y,x) 455,-1213; 0,-1213; 455,0 should be pretty close to the triangle made by the three points 37°N,106°W; 37°N,0°W; 0°N, 106°W
11. The maximum degree value is 180°. A point at 37° will therefore be 20.5% of max value, a point at 106° will be at 58.8%.
12.. If we divide the Erf coordinates by these percentages, the resulting values should be close to the same. If this is so it gives us an idea of the maximum number for Erf Coordinate values, and also verifies Gobwin Knob is in the vicinity of La Garita Caldera. I Think.
13. If we do this math we find: 455/.205 = 2219.5... 1213/.588 = 2062.9 .... 2062.9 is only 92.9% of 2219.5 so either I have the exact location of Gobwin Knob a bit off, or Rob messed up, or there is some effect of spherical v. flat space, or I messed up the math, or there is something wrong with my reasoning.
14. If people use the style clues (Western Giants = SF Giants, Jitterati = Seattle?, Transylvito = Las Vegas?, Unaroyal = Kansas City?, Efbaum = Somewhere in Kansas), directionality, and terrain to clue them in on the relationships and distances to places, and assuming Rob actually has a map, it should be possible to reverse engineer a map of Erfworld as it has thusfar been described.
15. REQUEST: Mathamancer needed to verify
16. CAVEAT: This hasn't been thought out all the way (the ins outs and what have yous) but I feel that if someone else were to take it up, they should be able to take some of the ideas in here and use real math to verify the general assumptions are correct