GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron wrote:The one wrinkle in your theory is Charlie taking over Haffaton from within. During book 0, Charlsecomm has been referenced as a formal side. And it'd be very hard, if not impossible, to fake being a separate side.
Whispri wrote:Right, but it would be possible for Charlie to have been an Haffaton heir who was allowed to form a Side.
vintermann wrote:Whispri wrote:Right, but it would be possible for Charlie to have been an Haffaton heir who was allowed to form a Side.
No, I don't think so. When listing up what distinguishes Royal sides in his klog, Parson mentions that they occasionally split. The implication is that non-royal sides do not split.
vintermann wrote:No, I don't think so. When listing up what distinguishes Royal sides in his klog, Parson mentions that they occasionally split. The implication is that non-royal sides do not split. I'm quite confident that the kind of superpowered, potentially world-conquering sides like Haffaton and Gobwin Knob have to be non-Royal. If they were Royal, they would have split. I think Royal sides compensate for their lack of unlimited growth potential with diplomacy bonuses (especially towards sides they've spun off / spun off from).
Support for the Royals have bonus to diplomacy theory:
* Goodminton was non-royal, had allies but only lousy ones.
* Haffaton is almost certainly non-royal, does not appear to have long-term allies.
* Jetstone has led huge alliances, and we've been shown stories about Tramennis' successful dealmaking.
* Transylvito has close ties to Faq and Jetstone, despite big cultural differences. Caesar Borgata, the heir who would turn Transylvito into a non-Royal side should he inherit it, opposes both these ties.
* Charlescomm is non-royal, and does not have non-mercenary alliances (though Charlie is stretching it now out of desperation - and doing pretty badly at it, his allies keep ignoring his advice.)
* Non-royal Jitterati failed to hold on to the Western Giants, losing them to royal (new) Faq.
* Haggar, royal yet pretty eager to betray Jetstone.
* Old Faq. Royal, obviously no allies.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests