Content of the Books

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Content of the Books

Postby Rabenrecht » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:46 am

Hi
I have a question concerning the content of the print version of this great comic: do they include the text updates?

To me, the text updates are a very important part for a complete experience of the story. Buying the books is a luxury (since the it's free online) and if I'm going to afford myself this luxury I want the full deal.

Thank you.
Rabenrecht

Re: Content of the Books

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:25 am

I have only bought the first book thus far, but the first book had all the original comic pages, some additional comic pages not seen anywhere else, the first few Summer Updates where Jillian meets Don King, and a helpful glossary of Erfworld terms. Not to mention the speech bubbles were slightly smaller so you could see more of the artwork in each panel.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Re: Content of the Books

Postby Saladman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 pm

All the books so far have the k-logs, and book 1 has the first part of the summer 09 updates at the back, but not the end. Book 0 hasn't appeared in print at all (yet? I'd buy it as a separate book). So there is an appreciable chunk of the text updates that don't appear in print. There are extras, as Cloudbreaker mentioned. Issue 1 of book 2 has some character concept art, and issue 2 has bios of all the Great Minds in the back, including some game world info we haven't gotten in the comic.

I know how it is to be broke, and Rob's chosen his own pay model knowing there'd be some who don't buy. But, still, its worth supporting when you're able. The Tool option's $33 and you get that much in store credit, so that's one way to save up for the books.
Saladman

Return to Everything Else Erfworld