Erfworld Dreams

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Erfworld Dreams

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 pm

So, last night I had a pretty long and vivid dream that took place in the Erfworld setting. I was wondering if I was the only one, or if there were others out there who have had Erfworld dreams as well. I posted below what I could remember from mine, and I was hoping other people might leave their own dreams as well. Don't be afraid to leave comments!

In my dream it was still Jetstone's turn, Prince Tramennis was still incapacitated, and Jetstone had somehow managed to capture Parson. King Slately and Parson were now co-leading an assault on Gobwin Knob's city (which, in my dream, was right across the street from Jetstone's capital). The battle was a ground battle, infantry versus infantry, and Parson, Slately, and the casters (at least the Healomancer and Dittomancer) were standing behind their line of troops. Slately had an item that would let him summon a Jetstone warlord to his side and he tried to summon Tramennis, but it wasn't charged enough, so it ended up summoning a lesser warlord that he had just sent to the coast the turn before. Parson pretty much read Slately's thoughts of disappointments, but then focused on the battle at hand. They organized their troops into a three-layered V-formation and pushed forward. They still didn't quite have the numbers to win though, so they fell back to restrategize. Then, in comes some overpowered berserker type riding on a mount and swinging a blade on a chain (I'm pretty sure this guy was making a cameo from a previous dream I had or something). Anyway, he rides in front of the Gobwin Knob infantry, lopping off their heads. He croaks all but two, and King Slately commends him for his aid. Slately then sends Parson out to croak the last two. Nervous, Parson picks up a sword from a fallen infantryman, then goes to where the last two warriors are around a corner. There is a slight standoff as Parson works up the nerve to kill these two guys, but in the end he couldn't bring himself to do it and he orders them to surrender instead. At first they look like they are still going to try to attack them, but they eventually drop their weapons and Parson takes them as prisoners (which is accomplished by Parson dragging them around by their wrists). Parson then goes to where Slately and the other commanders are planning their post-battle strategy and Parson requests that the two Gobwin Knob prisoners are allowed to become his lackeys (rather than being executed). Slately allows it, then Parson reminds him that they still need to go heal Tramennis's incapacitation before they end turn. My dream ends with them trying to figure out how to get their Healomancer back to Jetstone this turn.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Re: Erfworld Dreams

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 am

Ok, I just had another pretty epic dream that took place in the Erfworld universe's future. There was a lot of information in it that we haven't learned about Erfworld, such as something involving a humongous and sideless world capital city, exploring the map, playing erfworld as a real-life multiplayer game, etc. But here was my favorite scene:

Parson was called in to Stanley's throne room. In the room is Stanley sitting on his throne crafted to be just his size. And next to him on a similar sized throne sits a similar sized woman. It was Stanley's on-again off-again wife! And that isn't even the best part. The wife is even more obnoxious and picky than Stanley. Parson goes over to Staley's wife and makes a dramatic display of kissing her hand. Then, when he is up close, he pulls a "hey, look over there," stunt, and when she looks, Parson does a quick neck snap on the queen. And that's still not the best part. After her neck is snapped, Stanley's wife deflates and is revealed to have been nothing more than a poorly crafted doll with a lot of attitude and a good veil. Stanley's wife was nothing more than a fancy blow-up doll! Parson deflated her so he could talk with Stanley without her butting in with unhelpful comments. Stanley pouts a little and complains that Parson should have more respect, but otherwise doesn't really care too much.

And here is a bit more story, summarized, that I thought was interesting. In my dream there was a philanthropic Carneymancer who would go around his vast city and interact with the common people. When they would ask him to use his magic to aid them (a request he recieved too often for him to make it practical to comply) he would give them some coins. Real, physical coins that the common units would use. Later the Carneymancer would hear a story about how some unit was able to get the resources they needed that effectively made the Carneymancer's future aid unnecessary. For example, one unit used the few coins given to them to start up a lemonade stand, where they made so much money that they could buy all the supplies they needed to make their assigned task much easier. The Carneymancer didn't know if the coins he was giving out were really magical luck charms, but he gave them out anyway since they seemed to do the trick.

One more thing in my dream that I thought was interesting still has to do with that same caster. He could fly, whether it was from and item, a spell, or a special, it doesn't really matter. But near his house in the city, there were archers on the rooftops with big fancy military-style crossbows for weapons. And for fun, the Carnymancer would try to sneak up on the archers and mock-attack them without getting mock-shot. It seemed to be an effective way for all of them to train and get better at their skills.

I gotta have dreams like this more often...
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Return to Everything Else Erfworld