Mal is no longer with Team Erfworld

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Mal is no longer with Team Erfworld

Postby balder » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:13 am

Mal was a forum op and was in charge of customer service for Erfworld. I paid him monthly for that, plus phone expenses.

Just before Christmas Eve, I spent 2 days writing about 50 personal emails of apology to customers who would not be getting their Christmas orders on time, because Mal had sent them to the warehouse too late.

I heard from a lot of people that those orders were showing up right after Christmas, so I thought the situation was in hand. But in January, some of those people I'd apologized to then emailed to say they still had not gotten their orders. We checked, and the warehouse said they NEVER got more than a hundred of the Christmas orders.

When I asked Mal about what happened, he told me he had saved the orders as a draft and never sent them. But there was no such draft email in the account. It was not in the trash, and the trash had not been emptied. He lied to me.

At the time, he was on his final probation after a year of repeatedly failing to do his job, sometimes for weeks at a time. A lot of regular Erfworld fans had their orders screwed up or delayed because he simply wouldn't do what he was responsible for. Mal's a young guy with personal problems, and we were friends. The job was the only thing keeping him from homelessness at times. So I kept giving him new chances.

The chances run out when you lie to me. So Mal is gone. Linda will be handling customer service and orders, and I am looking for a new mod or two.
balder

Re: Mal is no longer with Team Erfworld

Postby 0beron » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Are you looking for mods via the forum, or what? I'm not sure what is entailed in the Mod portion of Mal's previous responsibilities, but I would be more than eager to hear more. The (semi-) recent issues with spam are of particular interest to me, it definitely seems like you could use more people with the ability to delete posts and ban obviously spam-bot accounts.

Looking forward to hearing more details as you release them!
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Sorry for Mal, hope things will get on track. But sometimes hard decisions are needed, hopefully outstanding orders will be shipped.

About mod duty, if you'll have me I'm up for that. Usually I log in once every weekday anyway.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Mal. I've noticed those threads popping up in the last few months, people complaining about their books not arriving. I had thought it was a UPS issue or something. It's never pleasant when you have to fire someone, especially due to negligence that affects so many people.

I would not mind helping out with mod duty, and if you need any assistance with customer service (aside from Linda) I would also be happy to help. Mal's position sounds a lot like mine, with how much he needed that job. I'd think that if you wanted more help, I would be much more reliable.

Good luck in the future, Rob.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Pyrates » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 am

Oh wow, good thing I found that. I'll have another go at getting my books, then. Hope things work out better in the future :)
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
Pyrates

Return to Everything Else Erfworld