Still no books (part II)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Still no books (part II)

Postby Viscount » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 pm

I ordered several books when they became available for pre-order in 2010. Everyone's shipment got delayed, and I understand that it was from circumstances beyond everyone's control. However, other customers eventually received their books whereas my shipment did not arrive. I contacted customer, and after a few false starts, finally got an email response asking me to be patient. Several months went by and I reached out again. Customer service apologized for the delay, and graciously offered me a refund. I declined, and instead asked for the books to be shipped, even if this would take some additional time. Several more months went by and I again reached out to customer support several times, via the website form, email and through personal messages through these forums. I did not get a response until I had made multiple attempts over the course of several weeks. I was told that my Order should have shipped, and they weren't sure why I didn't receive it. However, they assured me that a new Order was on its way.

Finally - in October of 2011 I received a portion of my order. Unfortunately, I had ordered two sets of books but only one set was shipped. I sent several additional emails but did not receive a response. I ended up making a post very similar to this one, griping about the lack of responsiveness and transparency in the process. My post was deleted that same day, but I was immediately contacted by customer service who informed me that I would be receiving the books right away. I also received a nice apology for not getting to my email sooner, along with the entirely reasonable explanation that they were buried under a mountain of email. I was very satisfied with this response, but - and you can guess what's coming next - the books never came. I have sent several email since then but have not gotten a response.

I love Erfworld, and I'm excited that I got some of my books (which were of very high quality) but I've lost all patience in trying to get my entire order from 2010 fulfilled. I have placed well over 20 email/forum posts about this as it takes a lot to get the attention of a customer service representative. Whenever I do get a response, it is always pleasant and professional but does not include any substantive information (such as when the Order was shipped, when I can expect it, some sort of tracking information, etc.) despite my specific requests for this info and even after I offered to pay extra to have it shipped in a manner that would allow me to track it.

The books I am missing come out to probably $25 bucks total and I honestly feel a little silly taking things as far as I have. And again, this isn't meant to be a complete rant against customer service - and I want to acknowledge that they have tried several times to fix the problem - but at the same time its appalling that the official response seems to be to ignore complaining customers, or placate them with misinformation in the hope that they go away. It's simply not how a business should be run. I'm posting this here in the hopes of getting an email response, as my last post is what finally triggered a response several months ago. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for everything, and I'm sorry that I had to take my frustrations to the boards - but all the same, I'm not sure how else to approach the situation when my emails from October 2011 are not answered.
Viscount

Re: Still no books (part II)

Postby balder » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:21 am

See the post about Mal. Please be in touch with Linda for resolution of your customer problem. I am very sorry you've had to go through this. I had no idea this stuff was this bad.

-Rob
balder

Re: Still no books (part II)

Postby Viscount » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

Rob,

Thanks for the personal response. I read your post on Mal, and I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the situation. I submitted a message through the "contact us" link on the website and hopefully that will put me in touch with Linda. Please know that I continue to recommend Erfworld to all my friends and that once I get my Order I'm gifting it to a good friend in the hopes of getting him hooked too!
Viscount

Return to Everything Else Erfworld