Bogroll

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Bogroll

Postby raphfrk » Fri May 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Bob_the_tool wrote:I think they already coved that he can't be decrypted... I do however believe that we will, in the next book find a whole bunch of new allies for Parson, hopefully one with the ability to revive him (white magic-type stuff) and not just make him extremely undead.

Wanda + pliers is the most powerful croakamancer in Erf, and she cannot raise Bogroll. I think it would be a pretty large deus ex machina if raising is possible for other "basic" casters. If raise dead is possible, then why was Ansom so surprised.

One possible way would be if some other caster can reverse the burning step, and effectively produce a dead body from the ash of its remains, and then Wanda could decrypt. Ofc, for that to work, someone would have to 'claim' the ask so that it doesn't depop.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lothmar » Fri May 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Maybe a master class healomancer could rez, if the remains were available. However, they likely wont be.
Lothmar

Postby raphfrk » Fri May 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Lothmar wrote:Maybe a master class healomancer could rez, if the remains were available. However, they likely wont be.

That would substantially reduce the uniqueness of the pliers. Decrypting seems to be its uber effect (well mass decrypting + no upkeep + loyalty switching).
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby melhelix » Fri May 22, 2009 5:11 pm

I really hope Bogroll has a brother named... Barrelroll.
melhelix
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sethram » Fri May 22, 2009 7:49 pm

I know we all love Bogroll, but as mentioned earlier, bringing him back will cheapen the sacrifice. His death was the first step in Parson realizing that his actions are sending living, breathing, sentient beings to their deaths.
Sethram

Postby Darkside007 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 pm

You can't make Bogroll's sacrifice any cheaper, seeing as how Ansom is back.
Darkside007

Postby prototype19 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 pm

i dont think he'll be decrypted cause wanda said she found "enough of him to kno" implying that not a lot of him needed to be there implying that theres not enough of him to decrypt. the problem being that theres no set rules so far and how much of someone u need to bring him back to life, but i dont think a decrypted bogroll head would really help parsons depression
Winners never quit and quitters never winbut those who never win and never quit are idiots.
prototype19

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld