Decrypting fallen decrypted units?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Decrypting fallen decrypted units?

Postby Kreistor » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Darkside007 wrote:
Kreistor wrote:
Geisthund wrote:Note that all arkenplier dustings occur instantaneously. This didn't happen with Jillian's headshot. The most likely explanation is that uncroaked 'dusting' is an effect of the arkenplier.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F071.jpg

Arkenpliers don't always dust on contact, either.

In the very next panel, he's dusted. So yeah, uncroaked getting killed by pliers = dust.

Sigh... I didn't want to continue, but you entirely missed the point. It doesn't dust "on contact". Jillian's slash could yet have resulted in dusting.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby SteveMB » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Kreistor wrote:Sigh... I didn't want to continue, but you entirely missed the point. It doesn't dust "on contact". Jillian's slash could yet have resulted in dusting.

The two halves of Leeroy Jenkins fall apart with no sign of turning to dust. If they haven't turned to dust by that point, I don't think they're going to.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Darkside007 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:18 am

SteveMB wrote:
Kreistor wrote:Sigh... I didn't want to continue, but you entirely missed the point. It doesn't dust "on contact". Jillian's slash could yet have resulted in dusting.

The two halves of Leeroy Jenkins fall apart with no sign of turning to dust. If they haven't turned to dust by that point, I don't think they're going to.

Basically this. It seems the pliers dust at lethal damage, whereas other weapons do not.
Darkside007

Postby Maldeus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Other weapons do appear to leave the uncroaked in question uselessly incapacitated (i.e. chopped in half, split from skull to chest, etc.), but that may just be because other weapons appear to be limited to Jillian's Cloud sword, so far.
Maldeus

Postby SteveMB » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:16 am

Darkside007 wrote:Basically this. It seems the pliers dust at lethal damage, whereas other weapons do not.

Also, Ansom specifically points out that the Arkenpliers dusts uncroaked. If re-croaked uncroaked normally turned to dust anyway, that would be a meaningless statement, like making a big deal about the fact that a sword can poke holes in people.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby Maldeus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:51 am

He might just be pointing out that the pliers can one-shot uncroaked regardless of how many hits said uncroaked has left.
Maldeus

Postby Darkside007 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 am

Maldeus wrote:He might just be pointing out that the pliers can one-shot uncroaked regardless of how many hits said uncroaked has left.

True, but that's contradicted during the air battle.
Darkside007

Postby Maldeus » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

How so?
Maldeus

Postby Darkside007 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 am

Maldeus wrote:How so?

It take two panels (A grab, and then a crush) for Ansom to kill Manpower. If he could one-shot him, he'd've just stabbed him.
Darkside007

Postby Maldeus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

That's not necessarily a contradiction. It could have just been Rule of Cool.
Maldeus

Postby Darkside007 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 am

Maldeus wrote:That's not necessarily a contradiction. It could have just been Rule of Cool.

You're saying it might not count. Do you have a reason aside from "Because I don't want it too"?
Darkside007

Postby Maldeus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 am

Yes. The enemy still went down in one blow, Ansom just had to grab him first.
Maldeus

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld