Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby BCCroaker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:46 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
BCCroaker wrote:I like the idea of Parson and Wanda, hand in hand, walking acros a blasted and otherwise lifeless landscape - because that's the only way to break the world and stop all war. But that would be right at the end, so for the sake of the bet, I'll go for earlier. We're about halfway though book two, right? So by the end of book two?

Can I get in on that? I'd be willing to throw in 50 that they don't become an item by the end of book three (3). Note that book two will probably consist entirely of a single day, so it's not likely to happen in the time frame you've mentioned.

I agree to your terms, but just 20 as think I'm going to losing 50 to Drachefly early next week.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 am

You just did, unless we're taking the 'bet's off if comic-style entries resume in November' to apply even after satisfying the requirement on the bet.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:07 pm

No, I concede - 15,302 words wins it for you.
drachefly wrote:You just did, unless we're taking the 'bet's off if comic-style entries resume in November' to apply even after satisfying the requirement on the bet.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Balerion » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Looking for a willing betting partner, stakes at say 30:

My position: Predicitmancy functions by means of the relative nature of time in Erfworld.For instance, it might allow the predictimancer to actually watch events as they transpire by letting their perception experience time much more rapidly than their body, and then reuniting the two. But I will claim a win if the relative nature of time is involved in any capacity :)
Balerion

Postby Mrtyuh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 am

effataigus wrote:Ten more on Jillian coming back to JS (or an engagement involving Tram outside of JS) before the end of book 2.

I'll take that bet.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Cwap, why not. I'll put 5 quatloos that before leaving the MK, Parson will level. Twice.

I'll take that one as well.

drachefly wrote:I offer an even 5q bet that Wanda makes Master class before reaching FAQ.

I'll take that one too.

Balerion wrote:Looking for a willing betting partner, stakes at say 30:

My position: Predicitmancy functions by means of the relative nature of time in Erfworld.For instance, it might allow the predictimancer to actually watch events as they transpire by letting their perception experience time much more rapidly than their body, and then reuniting the two. But I will claim a win if the relative nature of time is involved in any capacity :)

I'll take that bet on the condition that if the mechanics are not described by the end of the comic, I win.

Okay, so that leaves me with 50 quatloos to bet. If it is still open, I'd like to bet in the pool on which update will be the first with Dame Branch being Lady Firebaugh's Chief Florist. I'll put 10q on 65. I think we'll cut to Faq and maybe Gobwin Knob for a bit before returning to Goodminton.

I bet 30q that before Erfworld wraps up, the Arkendish will be used to make a 4- or 5-way link of the 4 Attuned wielders of the Arkentools and perhaps Parson as well. Since this would probably happen very close to the end, there would be no time limit other than the end of the comic.

As for something completely random, how about a pool as to the next type of caster to whom we'll be introduced. We would have to be given a name and disipline. They would have to actually appear in the scene, not merely be mentioned. It has to be a caster type which we have not before met. That would make the options: Findamancer, Mathamancer, Weirdomancer, Changemancer, Signamancer, Date-a-mancer, Shockamancer or Rhyme-o-mancer. I'll bet 10q on a Signamancer.

I have 10 more, but I'll honor the 100 quatloo starting limit. I'll add my others at the start of each month, with the extra 10 credit, or if I win bets.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Balerion » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Works for me. Will we consider word of god declaration to count as a reveal, or does it have to come from in the comics? (as I could see a factbook or something similar being released at the end of the comic with the details of how things work)
Balerion

Postby Mrtyuh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:48 am

I would accept a Word of the Titans declaration, but it would have to be official. Rob said not to quote anything he says on IRC, so I'm not sure that would count as an official source. But any official posting of Rob's, I would accept. Does that work for you?
Mrtyuh

Postby Mrtyuh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 am

A new month, and another 10 quatloos to bet. So, here is a bet for anyone interested:

I bet 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service.

Now I just have to wait until March 1 so that I may place another bet or two.
Mrtyuh

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

... or if you win a bet before then.

Anyway, no bet on Tommy.
drachefly

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Hmm. With Peace Through Superior Firepower episode 24, I think the Balerion-Myrtuh nature-of-predictamancy bet is looking bad for Balerion - if it was a matter of relative nature of time, then surely predictamancy would apply to everyone equally. It would be physics-y.

But I won't call it closed yet.
drachefly

Postby Balerion » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Yeah, I am certainly not liking my prospects on that one right now ><
Balerion

Postby Oberon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:45 am

I bet 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service.
I'll take that bet. Wanda has a double incentive to keep Tommy "topped off", her love for him and her love for the uncroaked.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Mrtyuh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:36 pm

So much for my bet for March, I was planning on betting that Overlord Firebaugh would designate Wanda as his heir. I'll have to come up with another one.

Should we call my bet with Oberon? Goodminton no longer exists; Wanda is a barbarian. By the terms of my bet, I've lost, even if it's not in the manner I planned. On the other hand, Wanda, former Overlord of Goodminton, is still in the field with Goodminton's remaining forces, with the enemy approaching, so it could be argued she's still serving Goodminton. I'll admit I'd like to keep the bet going to see how it plays out, but I'll accept a verdict that I lost.
Mrtyuh

Postby Mrtyuh » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

I really am bummed about not being to do the heir bet, but 10 new quatloos scream for new bets, so here I go.

First, to restate open bets that are still available:

I bet 30q that before Erfworld wraps up, the Arkendish will be used to make a 4- or 5-way link of the 4 Attuned wielders of the Arkentools and perhaps Parson as well. Since this would probably happen very close to the end, there would be no time limit other than the end of the comic.

Now for new bets.

I bet 5q that, when the prequel starts again, we will jump to Faq.

I bet 5q that Wanda will seduce Marie before the fall of Faq.

I have one more prequel bet which I'll do in April. After that, assuming I don't get any new ideas as new episodes are released, I'll start working on my backlog of bets for the main comic.
Mrtyuh

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Mrtyuh wrote:I bet 5q that, when the prequel starts again, we will jump to Faq.

I don't think it's fair to allow someone to be against you on this, since Rob has stated on the Erfworld Facebook page that the next story starts with Jillian. :D
MarbitChow

Postby Mrtyuh » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm

In that case, I apologize. I saw his comment that he's been thinking about her childhood recently, along with a picture of a girl on a wooden horse, but I just chalked that up to the fact the prequels are going to get to her and Stanley eventually. I don't use facebook, and I rarely check the Erfworld page, so I must have missed his announcement. I've been assuming we're going to Faq soon since Marie and Jack appeared in that one update. Since it didn't happen the next update, I figured we'd make the transition with the end of the Goodminton arc. I hereby withdraw that bet.

I actually have a Word document with my planned bets. I know, I'm pathetic. Anyway, I have bets planned for the next 10 months. The only problem is all my 5q bets are paired. I could use one of them, but that'd leave its partner alone. Oh well, I guess I steal one of those and try to come up with a new partner for it.

I bet 5q that Tramennis will be captured by Gobwin Knob by the End of Book 2.
Mrtyuh

Postby drachefly » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 am

Note that you can use 'future' quatloos for the big arkentool bet. That's obviously not going to resolve this year.
drachefly

Postby Mrtyuh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 am

That is a very good idea. Thank you. In that case, I'll make the following bets as well:

I bet 10q that Dame Branch will not be alive when Wanda arrives at Faq.

I bet 10q that Cubbins will become the first decrypted caster.

I bet 10q that Caesar will become Ruler of Transylvito before the end of Book 3.

Also, in the vein of making bets that almost certainly won't be resolved this year, I bet the following:

I bet 10q that Ashna will be summoned to Erfworld, and she and a fitter Parson will become an item.

Yay! Now I only have 6 months worth of bets in the pipeline. Thank you again drachefly.

Edit: After reading your comment about Pool 3, I just wanted to point out that an expected Faq interlude with maybe a Gobwin Knob interlude before returning to Wanda was the reason I picked such a high number to start with. Still, if the interlude is less than 20 episodes, you'll still win.
Mrtyuh

Postby drachefly » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 am

Mrtyuh wrote:I bet 5q that Tramennis will be captured by Gobwin Knob by the End of Book 2.

I'll take that.
drachefly

Postby Whispri » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I'd like to bet 30 quatloos that Wanda will reestablish her Side at the Site of Spacerock. Annnnd a further 10 that the 'Stay alive at any price' order Parson gave to Wanda is part of why she does so.

I bet twenty quatloos that Sizemore will become Gobwin Knob's Chief Caster after Wanda leaves the post.

I bet ten quatloos that Wanda will be the one who casts that scroll that Parson was given in the Magic Kingdom.

I bet ten quatloos that Wanda poses as a different type of Caster while serving at Faq.

I bet ten quatloos that Wanda creates at least one Golem that is powerful enough to count as a Heavy, without the use of Scrolls, prior to Book 1.

And I bet ten quatloos that Jillian pops in Wanda's personal space.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld