Still no books

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:54 am

I've been abandoned. No more emails get replies, this thread has no response, nor do I have my book.

Is this how a tool is supposed to be treated? Really?
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Pyrates » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:26 am

balder wrote:Mal is store staff and handling orders. You can PM him, use the contact form, or email him at gobwinknob@gmail.com. It's probable your order is on the way, if it has not already arrived, but to look into it, you need to provide Mal the details. Sorry for the delay in shipping.

-Rob


I did provide the details to him, and shortly after my last post I got a reply. Seems like stuff got sent and I need to wait a bit (overseas shipping *sigh*), thanks for the help.

@People with problems: I've found a short chat via IRC a helpfull thing, try it out if you can.
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
User avatar
Pyrates
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:54 am

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Pyrates wrote:@People with problems: I've found a short chat via IRC a helpfull thing, try it out if you can.


Nope, I've done all the effort I care to do. This business model has already soured me to the point of never supporting it again in any way shape or form.
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby kagato23 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:40 am

Ask for a refund then. That's what you do in such a situation instead of griping. Mal has specifically said in this very thread you can do that.

I'm in Michigan as well, and got my books just fine so whatever your problem is, it's more then weird geography problems.

What you don't want to do is whine about what your entitled to though, which is what this is sounding like. There are limits to what people can do for you, and being a tool has nothing to do with that. You have been offered a refund, what more could you ask for?
Portal X Parson OTP!
User avatar
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:52 am

kagato23 wrote:What you don't want to do is whine about what your entitled to though, which is what this is sounding like. There are limits to what people can do for you, and being a tool has nothing to do with that. You have been offered a refund, what more could you ask for?


"my entitled?"

Don't presume to tell me what I am and am not entitled to. I am entitled to a book that I paid for. I'm entitled to a little extra effort on their part _precisely_ because I'm a tool. Your post was useful until it turned pretentious.
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

Tensor wrote:I'm entitled to a little extra effort on their part _precisely_ because I'm a tool.

You're entitled to getting as much customer support as every other customer out there. If you used up all of your tool points to purchase items, congratulations! You're a regular customer with a few extra perks. However, nowhere in the Tool Benefits description does it list 'improved customer service' as a perk.

Capitalism dictates what you're entitled to. If you bulk-ordered 40 books, then there's a good chance you will order even more, and you're entitled to a significant amount of additional effort. If you just ordered the book, then you're entitled to the same effort everyone else who ordered the book is.

Signing up to be a Tool is a DONATION. It doesn't entitle you to ANYTHING that's not already spelled out.

Seriously, do people pledge money to PBS then demand backstage access to Sesame Street or something?
I donated to Cancer research, so I should receive better cancer treatments if I contract it?
Why do people have such a hard time figuring out how donations work?

You're entitled to cancel your future donations if you don't like the site. You're entitled to a refund if you don't receive a satisfactory product. You're not *entitled* to any extra effort. That's not how the world works, snowflake.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:57 pm

MarbitChow wrote:You're entitled to cancel your future donations if you don't like the site. You're entitled to a refund if you don't receive a satisfactory product. You're not *entitled* to any extra effort. That's not how the world works, snowflake.


Sure, that's how things are around here buttercup. He'd rather passively let a supporter rot than take some extra effort to see it through. If you have to start quoting terms to your customers, you've already lost. It's called small business 101, look it up.
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Tensor wrote:Sure, that's how things are around here buttercup. He'd rather passively let a supporter rot than take some extra effort to see it through. If you have to start quoting terms to your customers, you've already lost. It's called small business 101, look it up.

DONATIONS don't factor into the world of 'small business 101', sugarmuffin. If you want to be treated as a customer, continue to complain until you get your product, or demand a refund. Those are the powers you're entitled to as a customer.

Don't confuse customer with supporter. As a supporter, you donated your money, hoping to see additional product created due to your support. You got that. You also got store credit for it as a bonus.

Once you try to use the store credit, you're now in "customer world". Act like it. Complain until you get what your paid for, or you get a refund. But get off your high horse - being a supporter entitles you to NOTHING other than the knowledge that you donated to something you thought was worthwhile. Being a customer entitles you to receive a product. Stop confusing the two.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Don't confuse customer with supporter. As a supporter, you donated your money, hoping to see additional product created due to your support. You got that. You also got store credit for it as a bonus.


You can't differentiate things like that sweetcheeks, because the decision was made with everything in total weighed together. I don't expect you to agree with me on this, nor will you convince me that this problem is all about my perception of things, so stop trying to hijack the thread.
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Tensor wrote:You can't differentiate things like that sweetcheeks, because the decision was made with everything in total weighed together.

Then you honestly miss-weighed, angelcake. If you paid for the book directly, and failed to receive the book, you are absolutely entitled to a refund. But you didn't buy the book. You bought a supporter membership. You got what you paid for. The benefit of that membership entitles you to free merchandise. If you fail to receive the free merchandise, you only get store credit (and shipping and handling) back. "Improved Customer Service" isn't in that list. You're making that up. If you want to feel bad that you don't get the imaginary level of support you think you deserve - if you'd rather do that then follow the suggestions listed here (IRC being the best suggestion), then knock yourself out. People here can only show you where the water might be; you can continue to remain thirsty if you wish.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Tensor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
Tensor wrote:You can't differentiate things like that sweetcheeks, because the decision was made with everything in total weighed together.

Then you honestly miss-weighed, angelcake. If you paid for the book directly, and failed to receive the book, you are absolutely entitled to a refund. But you didn't buy the book. You bought a supporter membership. You got what you paid for. The benefit of that membership entitles you to free merchandise. If you fail to receive the free merchandise, you only get store credit (and shipping and handling) back. "Improved Customer Service" isn't in that list. You're making that up. If you want to feel bad that you don't get the imaginary level of support you think you deserve - if you'd rather do that then follow the suggestions listed here (IRC being the best suggestion), then knock yourself out. People here can only show you where the water might be; you can continue to remain thirsty if you wish.


You've said the same thing now for three notes. What part of 'we're not going to convince each other' don't you get? Stop trolling this thread.
Tensor
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 pm

You're right, and I apologize. I hope you receive your book soon.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Morlden » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:44 pm

I am also waiting for books to show up. About a month ago since I ordered them. It was supposed to be a birthdaygift for my brother, wanted to introduce him to this awesome comic. But now his birthday has come and gone and I had no gift for him on his birthday! :'( And now I have sent a question through the form on this page a while back, and still no answer. It would be nice to know what is happening with the order and get an ETA. I can wait, but getting no information at all isn't fun. It just says "processed" on my order, what does that even mean? That they've seen it and nothing more? Or are they sent? Is there a tracking number in that case that I can use to follow the package myself? Or is it still in their warehouse? I'm overseas, so might take a bit longer than you others in America, but still...

I just want to hear *something*!

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Morlden
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby kagato23 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Tensor wrote:
kagato23 wrote:What you don't want to do is whine about what your entitled to though, which is what this is sounding like. There are limits to what people can do for you, and being a tool has nothing to do with that. You have been offered a refund, what more could you ask for?


"my entitled?"

Don't presume to tell me what I am and am not entitled to. I am entitled to a book that I paid for. I'm entitled to a little extra effort on their part _precisely_ because I'm a tool. Your post was useful until it turned pretentious.


You are absolutely entitled to the book you are paid for. Or a refund. for whatever reason, it appears that they cannot get you the book. Therefore, you should get a refund. If you are denied both of these things, you should take legal recourse. I use the world entitled however, when you reject all those latter options in place of "no, go through lots of hoops to get it to me." That was not in the fine print. If a customer is lost because of this, fine, that is your right. But keeping the situation unresolved so you can complain seems far less beneficial to your aims, honey buns. Especially when you clarify you won't go on IRC to complain to people who might possibly be able to help you.

I realize I shant change your mind, but I just wanna get in on the sharp tongued faux-flirting thing the thread had going on here, baby doll.
Portal X Parson OTP!
User avatar
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Re: Still no books

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Morlden wrote:I just want to hear *something*!

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.


Hmm, it takes about 2-3 weeks for something to get, from Amazon's storehouses, to where I live, somewhere in Yurp. So 1month plus is definitely a bit on the long side.

Have you tried PMing Mal? I understand he's in charge of Book/Merch handling, at least on Erfworld's side, so maybe he can offer some tracking info.

Hope it helps.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: Still no books

Postby Mal » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:45 am

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence for that short period. I was moving to a new city. Hopefully from here I can actually make something of my life xD

To Mordlen: I looked into yours, and I see it should have shipped. Overseas orders take us longer than usual to fulfill though, due to using the United States Postal Service, as opposed to a private delivery company.

To Tensor: I ask that you please calm yourself. I have re-filed your missing portion into the new order sheet and it should ship as soon as the week begins.
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
User avatar
Mal
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: The MalCave

Re: Still no books

Postby Morlden » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 am

YAY! Contact! :D

Well, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it has shipped.
And also good to know why it's a bit slow.

Hope your move went well Mal. :)

And thanks to BLANDCorporatio for answering too! :)
Morlden
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Still no books

Postby Mal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Jasinai, Please see the PM I sent you.
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
User avatar
Mal
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: The MalCave

Re: Still no books

Postby Mal » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Right, I finally got around to ordering my own copy of the book, which is mildly amusing to me, since I've been handling all the orders since July. As it stands, I live about 750 miles from the shipping house, down in Florida. It's been about a week and a half since I filed the order, and still no sign. I'm watching for the precise time it takes, so I can tell you guys with much better accuracy. But yeah, sorry, it's a long process apparently, and I have to deal with it just as much as y'all, and It's my job! Don't feel alone! :D
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
User avatar
Mal
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: The MalCave

Re: Still no books

Postby Viscount » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am

Has a second run of books been printed/shipped? I was told that my original order (placed nearly a year ago) was delayed and I was given the option to wait until the second run of the books shipped or get a refund. Still wanting the books I opted to wait, and am content to continue to do so - but does anyone know when the next run of books will be shipped? I see that you can order new books on the website right now, so I assume that new orders are being processed?

I don't mean to impugn the Erfworld staff - they have been responsive with the information they have and did offer me a refund. I am just curious as to if anyone else is getting book orders that were placed recently.

Thanks!
Viscount
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Selexor and 2 guests