Shaking some Trees at Charlie

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Shaking some Trees at Charlie

Postby Varmus » Thu May 28, 2009 1:08 pm

I agree with kwotski's theory. It is the most reasonable thing I saw so far.

It explains everything. Why Parson, why his war game looked so similiar to Gobwin Knob, everything.
"Lemonparty, Tubgirl, Meatspin, Goatse!"
Varmus

Postby konmanrocks » Thu May 28, 2009 3:50 pm

wait. why would any of the players from Earth look any different. why would they change in appearance when parson didnt?
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ragn Charran » Thu May 28, 2009 6:41 pm

gameboy1234 wrote: Spoiler if I'm right:

[spoiler]***********************[/spoiler]

No way man, because[spoiler] everyone knows that "hot chick in skimpy outfits" characters are always played by men, so my bet is on the guy Parson's talking to before everyone else shows up ;) On a more serious note, personality-wise, I think Ashna would be a better fit for playing Sizemore, since his sensitivity matches her concern for Parson's escapism.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Ragn Charran on Fri May 29, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, Uncle Xykon, what's the moral of the story?
...And they died happily ever after. The End.
Order of the Stick #657
Ragn Charran
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Thu May 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Maldeus wrote:Alright. According to the theory that people with Earth eyes are other players that have been ported in, Ansom is played by no one. However if we go with the theory that Parson's game set-up is somehow linked to Erfworld, and the actions of book one happened in both Erfworld and in the real world game, then someone must be making Ansom's tactical decisions. There is no computer player in a tabletop game.

No but there is a GM. Erfworld is that GM in this theory. It created Ansom and gave him the ability to make his own decisions.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Ragn Charran wrote:
gameboy1234 wrote: Spoiler if I'm right:

[spoiler]***********************[/spoiler]

Np way man, because[spoiler] everyone knows that "hot chick in skimpy outfits" characters are always played by men,

Lol, you leave my toons on City of Heroes out of this! ;)

The guy Parson is talking to first, at home, I call The Comedian. Notice he's got a Watchmen yamaka. He's also the guy who calls "Dibs on his dice" after Parson plots away. Again, possible spoiler:

[spoiler]I have The Comedian pegged for playing Charlie. The personality fits, I think.[/spoiler]
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby mutecebu » Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 am

It could be Jillian's player. Just as there's a player for the "side", it's quite possible for a "I'll control this side, but instead of RPing the leader, I'll do one of the secondary leaders." Following that, Wanda's player could be handling Gobwin Knob before Parson took over completely.

It's a bit of a stretch... I love the "PC" idea, but I'm having trouble getting it to check out 100%. I assumed the PCs were supposed to all be coalition, but is it possible Parson planned to have PCs play all the sides? He would then take the role of God and manage everything. When he Plots away, they decide to play without him, but Erfworld as an entity handles that role, while all the players see is luck of the dice? Eh, it doesn't sound right.

What if the human-eyed characters are just that - characters, made by the players? They're not being controlled by players.
Also, we've seen Wanda with her human eyes BEFORE any of the players even saw the game. It could be that time isn't relevant between worlds.
mutecebu

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld