I had an Erf dream

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

I had an Erf dream

Postby Dr Pepper » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:10 pm

I had an Erf dream.

Which is weird since i've been working so hard on failing nanowrimo i should have been dreaming about my story. But such as it is.

It started with Stanley. He was feeling a little put out that he wasn't out there doing great things so he got on a dragon. Which could teleport, so he must have captured it in Pern. And in a supreme act of heroism he actually calculated coordinates in spite of the headache it causes. Poof! The Side he went to looked like a big office building and he appeared inside a stairwell, How did the dragon fit? I don't know, it just did. My dreams rarely respect physics of this or any other world. So, he opened the door and he was in a big balcony on the inside of a multi story space. It was full of cubicles. There were a lot of clerical types hard at work on office equipment of various kinds. People looked up in astonishment. Stanly ignored them, he was headed for the inner offices. A couple of nerdly (but not geeky) types were talking about some sort of data management seminar. They were in his way. And just as one said "you know a lot of the attendees will be virgins", Stanley said "but not including you", picked him up and threw him over the edge. After that he broke into a records room. For some reason he wasn't using the Hammer, he had a sword. And he was stabbing people right and left. Finally he reached a door at the other end. But before he could open it, someone came out. He tried to stab her but his blade couldn't seem to touch her. She said "did you hear the *ka-ching*? I just spent a lot of smuckers on a spell i hope you'll like!" That last part was sarcastic. Stanley sensed a lot of movement behind him, realized he was about to be overwhelmed, so he had his dragon poof them back. He arrived at GW to discover two things. First his sex had changed. Second, and in the dream at least, nore traumatic, GW's color scheme had changed. Everyone was now in bad disco suits. I mean lilac vests over burnt orange shirts!

Dream ended there.

Gotta get back to my writing.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Re: I had an Erf dream

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 am

Dr Pepper wrote:She said "did you hear the *ka-ching*? I just spent a lot of smuckers on a spell i hope you'll like!" That last part was sarcastic. Stanley sensed a lot of movement behind him, realized he was about to be overwhelmed, so he had his dragon poof them back. He arrived at GW to discover two things. First his sex had changed.

Would a sex change be changemancy?
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Ytaker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 am

Might be weirdomancy. Changing someone's special from male to female.
Ytaker
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:03 pm

After reading Worm, MLP Loops, and of course Erfworld, my brain came up with the following:

I Awoke into an iteration of my time-loop, replacing Taylor. It was night, and cloudy, and I was hiding, looking at a cathedral-ish fortress in a city, mapping it with my bugs. I was trying to rescue Tattletale from it.

Fortunately, I found someone who was cooperative (soon but not right away rationalized as having been replaced by a looper I was friends with). He said he could spring her, but he'd need a distraction.

So I slipped off and made contact with... Gobwin Knob, going to their camp in a sunny field which was suspiciously like one of my childhood neighbors' back yards. Parson didn't want to commit anything since he didn't trust me... since the last time I'd said I had someone on the inside, it didn't work out (apparently, I'm also Wanda). Stanley was also present, messing around with the hammer.

So I head back, and this hunchbacked guy who wasn't my friend brings out someone (presumably but not specifically identified as the one I was trying to rescue), but the sky is filled with gargoyles and other dark shapes, none friendly... dream ends.

Now, it wasn't originally part of the dream, but now I think my friend was Ace Hardware and Armsmaster.
drachefly

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:11 pm

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:Would a sex change be changemancy?
Or Signamancy. "What's my Sign? Give you a clue babe."
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld